The Center of Recovery & Exercise is committed to providing a comprehensive activity based neurorecovery program developed specifically for individuals with spinal cord injuries and other related disorders to achieve optimal functional recovery, health and independence. The CORE program utilizes exercise science fundamentals in combination with state-of-the-art equipment and highly skilled trainers in a safe, supportive, goal oriented environment.
The CORE program is designed to restore strength, regain endurance and recover neuromuscular function in individuals with the following neurological conditions:
Every neurological injury is unique and CORE can easily adapt our program to meet the needs of the individual regardless of age, ability and the years post injury.
The specific focal points of the CORE program provide:
- Stimulation of dormant neuro-pathways to facilitate neuroplasticity
- Load Bearing Exercises
- Robotic Gait Training
- Locomotor Training
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES) Training
- CORE Strength Exercises
- Balance Training
- Postural Correction Techniques
- Muscular Strength and Endurance Training
- Cardiovascular Training
- Range of Motion/Flexibility Training
The CORE program also promotes exercise intervention as a tool for the prevention of numerous secondary conditions including, but not limited to:
- Pressure Sores
- Heterotropic Ossification
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Weight Control
To participate, individuals must provide a physician’s prescription for load bearing exercise and disclose any complications. Please see our application or contact us for more information.
Services CORE Provides:
$85 per hour
- Training Session
- Flexibility & Range of Motion (ROM) Session
- Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES RT300/RT600)
Monthly packages and customized home programs available.
Call for details. (321) 418-3050